Currently Not Available for Adoption
- Breed: Mini Chi/Pom Mix
- Age: 2 years
- Gender: Male
- Size: Mini
- Fully vaccinated
- Tick & flea treated
- Currently has an enlarged heart due to his lungs having chronic infection
- Tracheal collapse not quite stage 1
- Has chronic cough when he gets over excited
- May require life long medication
- Very insecure
- Very flighty
- Prefers to be around people & other dogs
- A little stubborn
- Playing with a dog his size at the moment
- Being indecisive
- Running around
- Being picked up currently
- Being approached fast & hard
- Yet to be decided
Otto came to Alison a very broken down little dog suffering chronic skin issues. After healing his skin & his spirit, Otto was ready for adoption however, Alison ended up confiscating Otto from his adopter due to being unreliable.
In the time Otto was in adoption, he came back broken even more. He was suffering chronic Kennel Cough which was left untreated & turned into Pneumonia. He came back with double knee luxation grade 3 & because of his lung infection, also sustained an enlarged heart.
You see his heart is working overtime to pump oxygen into his lungs. It’s going to take a long time for Otto’s lungs to clear up (if they ever do) & for his heart to return to normal size.
Otto also needs double knee luxation surgery but can’t do this until his heart & lungs heal.
In the meantime, Alison has taken Otto into her direct care where she’ll monitor him & do everything possible to get this little guy back on track again & hopefully, he’ll be ready for adoption again in the future.